Monday, January 19, 2009

Casual Monogamy

Dear Lisa in the flesh,
Sleeping with a boy casually and for an indeterminate amount of time is fun, but now I'm tempted to ask him if he's fucking other people. Should I? How should I?
Love you forever,
Tired and Emotional.

Dear TaE
What a terrible sign-off name.
Are you fucking boy or a man? If you're sleeping with boys then you need a whole other set of advice.

I'm going to assume you're sleeping with a man and proceed from there. You need to determine why it is you want to know if this man is sleeping with other people. Is it for your physical safety? Because you want to move the relationship to the "next level?"

My advice is this. If you want to know, ask. Do it straight. Try this: "Hey, are you fucking other people?"
Just be prepared for the answer.
Lisa.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lisa,

    There are these two people that are skipping town and I don't think they should; one is in these great bands and the other I just met but she is pretty cool and gives good advise.

    How should I proceede with this? I could buy them a beer an ask them not to leave, or I could lock them in the cage in my basement, or something.

    Please advise,
    Cool Uncontrollable

    ReplyDelete