Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Let's talk over beer.

Dear Lisa,

I read a blog by an acquaintance of mine, but she rarely updates it. Should I broach this or let it lie?

Sincerely,
Dave

Dear Dave,
I’ve been thinking about your question and a few things come to mind. The first is that if you are interested in reading more of your friend’s blog, you should encourage her! If you like her stuff, just tell her that you would like to read more. If, for example, your friend runs an advice column out of her blog, perhaps you could send her something to work with. Perhaps she would even return the favour if you happened to have your own blog and needed something to write about…
Lisa.

A side note. I would like to acknowledge that I am well aware that my first two questions are thinly veiled, passive aggressive attacks on my work ethic as both a matchmaker and advice columnist. As an advice columnist I feel it is my responsibility to suggest that both Dave and Fred take a more direct approach to dealing with their “friends” and “acquaintances.” Buy me a beer, tell me your problems. I’ll answer them.

No comments:

Post a Comment